Sunday, January 2, 2011

Laugh and Be Merry

I'm gonna tell y'all a joke before I hit the sack.  As I write, it is about 11 PM on January 2, 2010 here in Oregon. 
Okay, so there's a Independent Fundamental God-fearing, Devil-hating Baptist preacher.  He's up in age.  Soon comes his time on his deathbed.  One of his final acts before his physical death is to call in his lawyer and tax assistant, both member of his church, to spend some time with him.
When they enter the bed room, he summons them to his bedside.  They each hold his hands on either side of him.  This touching moment wnet on for about a half hour.  Both men were puzzled.  Finally, one of them spoke up and asked, "Pastor, why exactly did you call us here."
That elderly, righteous pastor looked up at both of them and said with laughter in his eyes, "Well, Jesus died between two thieves, and I want to go just like my Lord did."
THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment